Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day One


Dear Friend


This is Day One.
As beginnings go, it's been delayed.

So, hello.
Hello.
Hello.
Hey, hi, how are you doing, how has it been, are you alright, I can't listen to half the music I want to because I hear us badly singing the songs in my head, are you eating okay, of course you're not eating okay, what am I saying, you're you and you never think about such trivial things, isn't it?

Slight recap:

Around fourteen billion years ago, there was an explosion, like the biggest Fourth of July Fireworks show you've never seen.
Since then there have been plenty more explosions, scarring the night sky.
Some of the debris smashed together violently into a speck of dust.
Then there were smaller explosions, impossibly smaller, not even firecrackers.
Eventually on that speck I found that you found me.
There were bits before that, like being born and being the shiest, quietest, angry kid who fell into video games and cartoons like they were bed sheets.
But here we are. On Day One, twenty-three (?) days away from never having said the worst word I know: goodbye.


***Discovered this; gonna learn it***

No comments:

Post a Comment